Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Last Two Weekends...

I'm not so good at keeping up with the blogging world. So, by the time I post something I feel like it's old news already. Then when I get around to checking everyone else's blog they have like three new posts. How do you guys do it?? I really do admire the fact that some of you are so good at posting and keeping everyone up to date with your life's activities. I guess I'm just not a very committed blogger. Oh well... here are a few pics from our recent activities.


Chef T.J. tried out a new recipe he found off the internet. We got some free shrimp, and TJ decided he wanted to make dinner for me and a couple of our friends (the Frohlichs). The meal was a success. It was very tasty. And, I certainly didn't mind letting him take over in the kitchen :) For dessert we had chocolate fondue with lots of goodies to dip into it. It was a great night with wonderful food and fellowship.

















Last Sat. we had a sleepover with our Pastor's kids (Ashlyn, Abby, and Eli Ickes). We had a great time with them. We took dinner to the park and played tag on the playground. We ate ice cream; watched a movie; and, of course, played with Niko. They are great kids, but we were all wiped out by the end of the night. It's hard for me to imagine what it would be like to have our own children someday. Having the Ickes' kids over, gave us a small taste of what it could be like. It's exciting to think about the future and having a family of our own. In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to keep enjoying everyone else's kids.

















P.S.

Happy Easter Everyone!!

6 comments:

Karis said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. It was an encouragement to me, and I'm so glad you posted it even if you didn't have any advice.

I can only imagine how much fun the Ickes kids had with you guys! I love it how they have the seminary families to be-friend them since they don't have other kids in their church right now. You guys are a blessing.

Karis

Emily said...

I think its so nice that you had the sleepover for the Ickes kids. I'm sure it was greatly appreciated by their parents as well. I know you'll make great parents someday! I think its wonderful when husbands get involved with cooking. When we first got married, Paul decided he would cook dinner on Saturday nights. I enjoy cooking now, but at that time my cooking skills left much to be desired so having someone else at the helm was wonderful. We had something other than sandwiches! :-)

S said...

I didn't know TJ cooked. We might just have to employ that skill some Sunday...:)

Glad you had fun with the Ickes'. We can't wait til you have children either, but in the meantime you can enjoy Esther whenever you want! :)

The Horaks said...

What cute kiddos! I know exactly what you mean...we babysit and do overnights sometimes and afterwards we always wonder how we will ever make it when we have our own! Haha! :D

Anonymous said...

Even if you fall behind other blogs, this is still news to us! Thanks for the update.

We enjoyed our trip to Chicago this past weekend. We had some awesome steak, went to the symphony, and discussed the emergent church "conversation" with some old friends. Good times.

Yours for men cooking good food,
Matt & Laura

Don & Katrina Hines said...

I have the same feeling . . . I just keep thinking "that would be a great blog" and then I don't have time to do it. So beware . . . my next blog might be a doosie, since I'm on Spring Break! Thanks for the pictures! How was the shrimp!?!