Wednesday, May 16, 2007

MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND

Well I'm not a mom yet (unless you count Niko), maybe next year :); but TJ and I are so thankful to have wonderful mothers who love the Lord. They did their best to train us in the right way- to love God above all else. We miss our moms a lot. Even though we are all separated by hundreds of miles, they are still very close to our hearts. We could never adequately put into words how much they mean to us.
Last Sat. TJ and I went strawberry picking. We went last year and got a lot of deliciously fresh strawberries, so we decided to go again this year. We both LOVE strawberries, especially strawberry pie and homemade strawberry jam (which I have yet to attempt myself). Our picking was a success. We brought home lots of luscious berries. If any one wants strawberry pie come on over before it's gone. :)




















Sunday, after church the women were all treated to a wonderful meal which was all put together by the men in the church. The food was great! After lunch all the fathers/husbands surprised the women by presenting them with a perennial flower to plant outside on the church grounds. They had cleared out an area on one side of the church for a lot of the flowers to be planted. Seeing as how roses are my favorite flower, TJ gave me a rose bush. It was such a great idea. I can't wait to see all the flowers/plants bloom and grow.




















We didn't have an evening service Sunday so we spent most of the rest of the day at Waller Mill Park in Williamsburg. We went with our friends, Don and Katrina. We rented a couple of boats and the guys went fishing. Unfortunately they didn't catch anything, except branches, twigs, and seaweed. Although, they almost brought one in. We saw it right before it spit out the lure. But, it was a beautiful day, so it was nice to just be out on the water enjoying nature and spending time with friends.

4 comments:

The Horaks said...

Sounds like such a WONDERFUL weekend!!! I love the idea of planting the flowers out at the church. That is really neat!

Emily said...

Hey Shannon,
This isn't really a comment about your post, but I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! It was good to see you the other day. Hope your day was special! Emily

Katrina said...

What? No mention of Ledo's Pizza?! Just kidding. We had a great time with you guys. This past two weeks have really made me so thankful for the friendships that God allows to bring together! Don and I are blessed by your friendship!

AnneB said...

Glad to hear you stocked up on the berries!! Nina Whitcomb and I took the kiddos and went strawberry picking right before Mother's Day. The kids were great and we got so many berries! I did make freezer jam...it is SO easy! There is nothing quite lie a good old fresh strawberry pie with some yummy whipped cream! Mark and I would love to have you and TJ over sometime, so I'll look at my calendar and call you!!