Monday, June 04, 2007

SHANNON'S 25TH BIRTHDAY

Shannon
just had her twenty-fifth birthday two weekends ago. While we weren’t able to get away for long (Shannon still had to work on Saturday), we still wanted to do something special. So, we planned to spend Sunday at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. A few days before, we learned that the new ride the Griffon opened that weekend instead of the following weekend as planned. Shannon was even more excited about going then. As it turns out, our good friends Don and Katrina were planning on camping only minutes from the Park. They invited us to go camping the night before and we invited them to join us for part of the day at the Gardens. Katrina and Don surprised Shannon with a wonderful birthday breakfast that morning, too. The Griffon was a sweet ride and God gave us beautiful weather to enjoy the day. To top it all off, Shannon and I went out for her birthday dinner. We had been planning to go to the Cheesecake Factory for months. Yet, on a whim, she decided to go to P. F. Chang’s Asian Restaurant instead. And a great choice it was. The food was…perfect. Chang is probably our “new, best friend,”—so long C. Factory.

Needless to say we had a blast the whole weekend (except for the fact that Shannon and I about died from frostbite camping—who would have thought we’d need more than two large blankets?) And I am thankful that I was able to spend it with friends…especially my wife.






6 comments:

Don & Katrina Hines said...

SO LONG CHEESECAKE FACTORY???? ARE YOU CRAZY??? =) It just about like my favorite resturant EVER! (Please read the last sentence with Legally Blonde type infection and head bobs!) Oh well, more cheesecake for us. I'm glad we were able to spend the weekend with you guys! Thanks for letting us tail you guys at the park and for the lovely soaking - TJ.

Happy Birthday again Shannon!

We'll be catching up on the posting with our camping pictures and stuff, so feel free to nab a few from our site =).

Don & Katrina Hines said...

We found your Waldo! While checking out all of Shannon's loot we spotted the royal rump of your majestic Nikko in the bottom (Tee Hee) lefthand corner. What do I win??

Dono

Kristin said...

Happy Belated 25th Birthday!!! I wish we knew when we saw you Saturday night; now I feel bad. It was nice to see you. Wish we could have come to the Pirate Party first, but I had to practice music at church. Before you leave this area you MUST eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Town Center!!! Worth every penny...start saving now!!!

The Horaks said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon! I'm so glad you had such a great time celebrating!!! :)

Karis said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Shannon.

I just got caught up on the last month and maybe more of your blogging. I thought for sure you guys were on our Google Reader, but I was helping Kristen set up hers and when I added your blog to hers, I realized that you had a post on there I hadn't seen and I hadn't been notified that you had posted anything. I looked and sure enough, your blog wasn't on Google Reader. Hmmm...

Shannon, thanks for letting us use your skis. I had so much fun. Did you see the video I posted of me skiing? From what I hear, your ski run would've been worth videoing and posting, but I had so much fun that I posted my beginner run. I was so frustrated that I couldn't get up last year with one ski, but two skis was so much easier. In fact, I don't really think it was me. The boat just pulled me up, and I had a blast. :-)

Emily said...

I love the lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs. Also, I don't know if they still do it, but I got a free dessert once there for my birthday. It was prepared only for their birthday guests. Your weekend sounds like fun and I'm glad you had such a special birthday weekend!