Monday, June 11, 2007

Recent Happenings

Well, I'm a little behind in posting so I'll just mention briefly what we've been up to. We spent Memorial day in Williamsburg with our pastor's family and a few other church members and friends. That morning T.J. woke up early to go fishing with the guys. The rest of us met up with them around lunch time at the park. After lunch we spent the rest of the afternoon playing games, skiing, and tubing. Since it was a hot day, the water actually didn't feel too cold. It was so exciting to see some of our friends get up skiing for the first time. TJ had tried skiing in the past a couple times and he was able to get up briefly as well. (Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of him out of the water.) Overall, we had a great day enjoying God's creation and spending time with friends.
Two weekends ago, TJ and I attended a pirate party in celebration of the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie coming out. James and Jessica Frohlich were the hosts. TJ and I had a great time picking out our costumes and getting ready for the party. Everyone was so creative with their costumes. Jessica had decorated her balcony outside her house like a pirate ship. We enjoyed kababs and other great food. We also played a couple creative games, including the dice game Davy Jones' men played in the second movie. It was such a good time with lots of laughs and memories. Following the party we all went to see the new movie together-which was very good! No, we didn't wear our costumes to the moive... although I would have liked to. :)
PS. Just in case any one was wondering, in the pic of us below, TJ is holding a root beer.






















7 comments:

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Hey I got to you first!!

Nice pics! By the way, who is the guy who has the dark, curly hair and mustaa . . . oh my, it's my crazy husband! =) What a hoot!

cranny + b said...

hey, I got to you second;) We were sorry to miss it!! We cheated and saw the movie the weekend before since my family was here...but we did think of you all!!

Karis said...

Loved the pirate costumes!

Sarah C said...

That's tons of fun! I haven't gone to a costume party in AGES!

T.J. and Shannon said...

Hey Sarah,
Do you have a blog or website? I can't find it.

Katie Barker said...

Oh thank you so much for posting pictures. Everyone's costumes are so awesome. I was disappointed that we had to miss the party! Thanks again for the pix!

smlogan said...

sure it was a root beer...
tell tj i don't believe him.