Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Camping Trip/ Labor Day

Saturday and Sunday we went on our second annual Labor Day camping trip with James and Jess Frohlich. We stayed at First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach. We praise the Lord for beautiful weather. Our activities varied greatly for being a camping trip. We experienced all the basic camping activities such as sleeping in tents, building camp fires, cooking our own food, fishing (for the guys), playing games, and observing wild life. Well, the only interesting wild life I saw was a fox, and that was at like 2 in the morning walking through the trees on my way to the bath house. We also managed to do some not so camping related activities such as shopping, watching a movie, eating a P.F. Changs, and driving around Norfolk and Virginia Beach. For not being much of a camper, it was still a great time.






























Monday morning we all drove up to Williamsburg to spend the day with our Pastor and his family and our friends the Hines. We spent the day boating and jet skiing on the Chickahomany River. We also did some skiing, tubing , and swimming. There were a lot of laughs especially with T.J. and James trying to balance on the jet ski with out it falling over. Let's just say it took them a few attempts before they finally got it. We also witnessed Pastor's amazing tubing experience. With Don behind the wheel, pastor had a wild ride. There was also a mini diving competition featuring Don and Katrina. For the sake of male egos, I won't say who won. :) (J/K, the loser lost graciously). Needless to say, it was hard to go back to work the next day. God was so good to give us such a great weekend with friends and a time to build more memories.











































6 comments:

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Oh the memories come flooding! That picture of TJ and James made me laugh! Look at those faces full of concentration!!! Thanks for the pictures! I think I will at least steal one to notify our family of what we did over labor day, since I am so lacking in the packing-the-camera department!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That looks like so much fun!! I am glad that you had a great Labor Day weekend!!

jess said...

I'm glad your camera held up eneough to get these pictures up! I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw that one of TJ and James, it's almost more funny to see the picture than to see it in person!

tstrange said...

I love camping! (Even when you forget your tent poles, it rains, and everyone ends up getting sick!) :)

Karis said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Jalyn was talking to us about our plans for the weekend and invited us to come along, but I told her it was a good thing that we already had plans because I wouldn't have known where to draw the line since I don't feel so uncomfortable that I can't do stuff but really should be careful at this point. :-)

Emily said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Glad you had such a nice Labor Day weekend!