Thursday, September 20, 2007

Our weekend- Football, farewells, and freaky people


Football- Saturday night we went to a football game with a few other couples. We drove to Williamsburg to see William and Mary play Liberty. I'm not usually much of a football fan, but I must admit that the game was pretty exciting, especially the second half. The game went into double over time (which I didn't know could happen) with William and Mary coming out with the victory. Go TRIBE!!

( Our pre-game "tailgating" party)















We saw Carl from our church enjoying the game as well. Katrina & Don are wearing Tribe colors














Final score: Tribe- 48 Liberty- 41
Farewells- On Sunday, we had a commissioning/farewell service for our friends Stephen and Shannon Conley. We have been with the Conleys at Colonial Williamsburg for two years. We are so excited for them and the ministry God has provided, but we will miss them a lot! The service was so encouraging yet emotional. The service was followed by a church luncheon outside on the grounds. It was a beautiful fall day to be outside! Stephen and Shannon, we will miss you both and are thankful for the time we had together at Colonial!

Freaky people- We didn't have an evening service so we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at Busch Gardens. Now that fall is almost here, B.G. has started their Hallow-O-Scream weekends. I use the word "freaky" because I was definitely freaked out by some of the characters they had roaming the park trying to scare me. Let's just say they succeeded! This was probably our last trip to Busch Gardens for a long time. It's definitely become one of my favorite theme parks!

4 comments:

Karis said...

Sunday was a special day with the commissioning service. We're not even members or regularly there on Sundays, but I was so glad Kayla and I could be there and sad that Dan had to miss out on that.

The football game and Busch Gardens sounds like a great time. In our pre-toddler days, we would've been right there with ya. :-)

Don & Katrina Hines said...

What a fun weekend! Hey, that football game looked like a great idea . . . wonder who had that brilliant idea?! We had a spectacular weekend with you guys - as always! Enjoyed the Red Lobster all-you-can-eat Shrimp meal probably the best!!! We love you guys and glad you aren't leaving us yet!

Just so you know, I think your word verification for your comments is rigged!!! I just had to type in "lvTJt" Is that some kind of madgab for "Love TJ Teeshirts" or something!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I am taking it that Katrina had the great idea for the football game or something. That definitely sounded like a ton of fun as well as Busch Gardens!!

Anonymous said...

Shannon...I heard about your hand!!! I'm so sorry!!! I will be praying for you and hope that it heals quickly!!

Stacie