Monday, October 22, 2007

God's Blessings!

God is so great; His grace is so abundant. In the last few weeks since I hurt my hand, He has shown us His love in so many ways. Have you thought recently about the fact that God doesn't always bless us based on the fact that we do or don't do something right. I use to think that if I was walking with God and doing the right thing that God would bless me even more for my "righteous works." But that's not true! Or have you ever had a day when you weren't walking with God and you didn't feel that close to him; yet He blesses you unexpectedly in some great way? I have. Those are the days that God humbles me and causes me to be even more grateful for the fact that He gets joy out of blessing me not because of anything I did to deserve it. If His blessings were dependent upon my actions, I'm afraid I wouldn't be on the receiving end...ever!

I just wanted to share a few ways in which God has blessed us in the last few weeks so that you all as family and friends can glorify Him with us! Because I burned my hand, I've been out of work the last three and half weeks. It was easy for me to be concerned about our financial situation. Early on, God gave me the grace to trust Him in this area. God has blessed us in that He provided for us through gifts from family, church family, and friends. We were overwhelmed by the generosity of the people God used.

Another area God has blessed us is in the healing of my hand. I must admit that I am surprised at how quickly my burns are healing. I shouldn't be surprised since the Great Physician has been in control of my healing from the very beginning. The doctor said I will have little to no scarring and I'm going back to work this week!

The last blessing I want to share, and probably the most exciting, is that I'm pregnant!! God is creating within me our very first child! I'm about 10 1/2 weeks along and due on May 10th. Many of you who read our blog, probably already know. But we would appreciate prayers from all of you who already knew and who just found out.
Praise the Lord for His blessings!!

Our first baby purchase ......................................................................................................................Our first ultrasound














One of our first baby gifts- stroller/carseat from our Nana and Papa. TJ proudly posing after putting it altogether.


We told our church in a fun way through a mad gab game. We had a Harvest Activity and decided it would be a great time to tell everyone together. As you can see, we shared the moment with our good friends the Hines, who are also expecting their first.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again!!! :) We love you guys! It was great to finally talk with you on the phone this week. Cute stroller! And, TJ, I love the frizzy-'fro trucker look you were sporting at the harvest fest! :) Too funny! We miss you!
-Lacey

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Congrats to the both of you!! I am so happy for you!! The pictures were great as well. I am glad that Shannon's hand is healing and that the Lord has shown His provision to you both during this time. Congrats again!!

The Horaks said...

What amazing news!!!! I'm so glad for you! This is such an exciting time! I can't believe how many of our friends are having kids right now!! You're going to be such a cute pregnant lady, Shannon! ;)

Curt and Sarah said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys....awww. I'm glad your hand is healing, Shannon. And I hope you're not feeling too sick these days. How cool that your mom could be there for a while! And, you're almost to the second trimester mark! Thanks for posting, and I will be praying for you all.

Emily said...

Congratulations!!! Such exciting news! We're so happy for you! Hope you are feeling ok. Maybe being off work was a good thing. :)

Glad to hear your hand is healing so well. God truly is good and I'm glad His blessings aren't dependent on our "good works".

S said...

Congratulations again also! We are so excited for you guys. I hope you haven't been too sick yet. Praise God for His provisions for your family during this time.

Karis said...

I was so happily surprised with how good your hand looked on Sunday. Praising the Lord with you guys for the healing as well as for His provision.

And, yes -- definitely congrats again on the pregnancy!!!!!

You're not overdoing it at work, are you? Okay, I'll leave that question to TJ and your mom. :- )

Tiffany Wagner said...

WOW! SO EXCITING!! We think you guys will make great parents! Hope you don't have bad morning sickness Shannon. We'll pray for you and the baby (and T.J. too...lol)
Thanks for the pictures. Its cool to see snapshots of your life.

Kelli said...

Congratulations, TJ & Shannon! That is very exciting news.

I am glad that the Lord is healing your hand so quickly and that you will be able to go back to work soon.

Don & Katrina Hines said...

phHey TJ and Shannon! Thanks again for the great reminder of our great God's love and care despite our works. He truly blesses with grace that super-abounds! We have been blessed as well by the your testimony these past few weeks and giving all the glory to our Maker!!

It was great fun planning and sharing that special moment of telling our CBC Williamsburg family together! We are so excited for you and us! =)

Katie Barker said...

Wow - i just saw your news on Tiff's blog and had to come over here to get the details. Congrats on your new little family (almost).

Andy and Davina said...

We're so excited for you both! We'll be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy :)

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

Congrats again, TJ and Shannon! We are so excited for you!

tstrange said...

Yay!!! How exciting! We'll be praying for you. So glad your hand is doing better.

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

We were so excited to hear your news! Congrats! You'll make wonderful parents - enjoy this fun time in life because it flies by! And glad to hear that your hand is doing a little better, Shannon.