Thursday, November 01, 2007

Visits from our family

While I was recovering from the burns on my hand, we were blessed with some of our family coming to visit. The visits from my parents and my grandparents were already planned before I hurt my self. Since God knew ahead of time what would happen and that I would need the extra help, it was a blessing that He had their days already planned to be here with us. TJ had already planned a vacation week from work so he and my dad could do a lot of fishing. With my mom around to help me, they were still able to get a lot of fishing time in. My dad brought down a small boat for them to use and left the boat so TJ could use it when he wanted. TJ was like a boy at Christmas; he was so excited. My mom stayed an additional week to be with me. Since I still wasn't working, we were able to do a lot of fun things and build memories together. Then my grandparents came the weekend after my dad left. They have never been to our house here before. I was excited for them to be able to see where we live. They stayed for a few days and my mom left with them. The same day they left my sister-in-law, Theresa, flew in to be with us for a week. She was a big help and it was great to spend time with her. We had such a wonderful time with the family last month. We were so blessed that they were able to come.

Mom and I went to the Neptune Festival in Virginia Beach














TJ's first big flounder. Dad holding a striper.
















My Nana and Papa/ Theresa, TJ, and I on a picnic together

4 comments:

Don & Katrina Hines said...

I'm so glad they were able to come and assist you in this time. There is no one able to come and help more than your mom! I'm looking forward to having my Mom down here when the birth of our little one comes!

Glad you are doing much better!

Karis said...

I too am thankful your mom was able to be around so much. I am so thankful to have my mom here this first week of Krista's life not just for the help but for the memories and the sharing of our bundle of joy. I too am so thankful for family.

Emily said...

I'm so glad it worked out for your mom to be here. Looks like you had a very special time. So glad too that your hands have healed.

cranny + b said...

I just thought it was so incredible how God had those visits planned out!! How Great! Glad I got to see you last night Shannon! Your little belly-bump is so cute;)
sarah